Mul jäi järele selle topi lõnga. Lõng on päris kena, saab teha ka reljeefseid mustreid. Pealegi mu palmikutega sviiter on osutunud üsna kasutatavaks, kandsin seda sel talvel üsna palju ja hakkasin mõtlema, et võiks ka suveks teha midagi palmikutega.
I have yarn leftovers from this top. The yarn is quite nice, suitable for textured patterns as well. In addition to this, my cabled sweater has proven very wearable and I used it a lot during the winter and started thinking about a cabled knit for summer.
The winter sweater has a great amount of mohair and cables are visible yet not very outstanding. I wanted the same effect here but this yarn is probably not very suitable for cables. These are not cables but so-called mock-cables. I've used this pattern a lot. It is rather flexible because you can adjust the width of the oattern repeat and the height to some extent (by knitting without decreases and increases more or less rows).
I had to deal with the sleeves. I wanted short sleeves. As you can see, I have some double moss stitch before and after the main pattern. At first I planned to do as in the winter sweater: one pattern repeat in the centre of the sleeve and double moss stich on the left and on the right from it. But it did not look good because the gauge was too different. Then I thought about 2 x 2 ribbing but then it is not clear how to finish in the bottom because it is difficult to make a nice transition from the main pattern to 2 x 2 ribbing. Then I just made 1 x 1 ribbing and it worked. I finihsed the neck opening in the same manner. Now I have to work downards.