Really, what a controversial vest! Yesterday I finished it and had doubts that something is not right, maybe this "3 out of 3" on the front pannels is not the best possible pattern for this yarn etc. I was thinking whether to frog the front pannels or even everything and reknit it. In the morining I had a long MSN discussion with Katyusha and informed several knitting friends that I'd failed. Then I took the vest and put it on and, surprisingly, could not understand whether anything had been wrong with it in the first place. My husband also said that he could not get my yesterday's disappointment. I intended to look for buttons today. There are plenty of nice buttons but nothing that suits exactly. Then a saleswoman in a yarn shop said that a buttonless vest is my stile and the pin will do it.
Lõng/Yarn: Katia Liana (46 %puuvill/ 46 % cotton, 32 %lina/32 % linen, 22 % viskoos/22 %rayon), 5 tokki/5 skeins.
Vardad/Needles: 4,5 mm
Ikka tavaline ülevalt alla kootud, abilõngaga, põhimuster modifitseeritud vausabakiri (eraldi postitus tulemas), all paar rida ripskudet. Võtsin silmad üles kulgedel (mõttelised nööbiliistad) ja "kaela osas", kudusin labast parempidist 4 rida, siis tegin rea "3-st 3" võttega, siis kudusin 6 rida labast parempidist ja nii mitu korda. Paar viimast rida ripskoes.
This is a usual top-down vest with a provisional cast on, the main lace pattern is a modified horse shue pattern (a separate post comming), in the bottom a couple of rows in garter stitch. I picked up stitces on the sides (imaginary button bands) and "neck stitches", knit 4 rows in stockinette, than made one row "3 out of 3", than 6 rows in stockinette and repeated this several times. A couple of last rows are in stockinette.