teisipäev, 26. jaanuar 2010

Veel nippe/more tricks

Miks kudum on nii lühikesel vardal, et pole midagi näha?
Why the work is on such a short needle that nothing can be seen?

See on jälle üks nipp. Millegipärast isegi metallvardal ei libise see lõng sugugi hästi, pean kogu aeg lükkama jne. Siis mõtlesin välja, et lühem varras võiks olla asjalikum, niiviisi libisevad silmad ise varda otsa poole!
This is yet another trick. For some reason this yarn does not slip well even on metal needles and I have to push the stitches towards the tip of the needle all the time. Then I decided that a shorter needle may be more efficient, in this way the stitches slip by themselves towards the tip of the needle!
Väga võimalik, et see on ammu teada ja tegelen siin jalgratta leiutamisega. Siiski kuulsin täna ühelt kudujalt, kellega arvamusi jagasin, et mõnele ei meeldi lühikesed ringvardad. Nii et maitse asi, nagu peaaegu kõik siin ilmas.
It is highly possible that all this is known for ages and I am inventing the weel here. Still, today I heard from a knitter with whom I exchanged opinions that many dislike short circular needles. So this is the matter of taste, as almost everything in the world.
Kootud on niipalju, umbes kolmandik kere osast. Loodetavasti läheb nüüd kiiremini.
Here is what I have up to now, approximately one third of the torso. Hopefully, it will go faster now.

4 kommentaari:

koticzka ütles ...

Hi, I hate circular needles. I would knit exclusively on straight ones. On normal ones, right - and left, right and left. Even if claimed impossible I would still attempt.

Anna ütles ...

Koticzka, dzekuje! It is all a matter of taste. You like stright needles and I like circular needles, as long as the result is what you want it to be:)

Terhi ütles ...

I haven't touched my long needles in two years. I have pondered about donating them but since I took the majority from my mom's collection when I started knitting, I can't really do that. Long story short, I love circulars!

Anna ütles ...

Terhi, kiitos, minäkin käytän vaan pyöräpuikkoja. Neuleeni ovat melkkein kaikki saumattomia.
Thank you, Terhi,I also use only circulars. Most of my knitting is seamless.